Tuesday 14 February 2012

Mid-Life Crisis!! (at 14)

Now i know i said i would save all the talk about careers for another day as it is valentines day, a day of love and happiness. However, i have just experienced an extremely premature mid-life crisis and feel the need to tell you all. As i am nearing the end of my compulsory education, in 1 years time, i have been given all the talk about deciding what i want to do with the rest of my life and if im going to college, and if you dare say to a teacher that you don't know what your going to do the look of disapproval and disgust is overwhelming. Anyway, as i was looking through my local college brochure consisting of all the courses they have to offer, panic swept over and my eyes began filling with tears. My mid-life crisis had started. I realised after looking at all the courses available none of them appealed to me in the slightest and that if i didn't go to college the chances of me getting a decent job were tiny. So then i was left with these utterly repulsive thoughts:

  • I have no idea what job i would like to pursue in the future
  • None of the college courses appealed to me
  • I am probably going to be stuck in my hometown for the rest of my life
  • I am probably going to work in a dead end job forever
  • I am going to die without ever accomplishing anything
Okay, so i may be a little over dramatic, but you get what im trying to say. I hope this blogpost has made you see the pressure we are under and that in the mind of a young teenager everything leads to complete and utter failure....maybe i should actress :)
see you soon!! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment